+49 211 81-11443
MA office hour: Wednesday 12 am - 1 pm
Usual office hours by appointment
From 2005 to 2013 I studied literary translation in Düsseldorf and spent time in France as an Erasmus student. Since then, I have been writing my PhD and working as a lecturer in the department of Modern English Literature. I have also worked part-time at a doctor's office, which furthered my interest in questions of health and illness.
My research interests cover the following areas:
- 20th and 21st century literature
- literature as an ethical cultural technique
- continental and eastern philosophy
- feminism, gender and queer studies
- body and mind, and their health or illness
- the process of reading and narratology
I am currently in the process of finishing my PhD, which investigates the ethics of diversity present in Virginia Woolf's novels.
I teach BA and MA courses on a wide range of topics from the intersection of literature, society/culture at large, and philosophy, often informed by the ethical issues of our times.